Six stories from around the web
- Check out this adorable DIY Matches Vanity Tray. What a statement.
- Discovered about this 5 year old Presidential expert Macey Hensley from one of Ellen Show’s videos and this was when she got to meet President Obama for the first time and asked him some “very important” questions.
- Most adorable baby animal photographs that just melt hearts.
- In the spirit of spring, here are some egg-cellent Easter ideas to brighten up the celebration.
Meet the South African artists using Instagram to push their wacky works.
Kate and Leo, our dreamiest of dream duos, fulfilled all of our fantasies at the Oscars by being absurdly adorable together.
So I was just clearing out some crumpled receipts in my bag the other day and thought it would be fun to show you all what everyday bits you can most certainly find in my bag. And so here are the stuff I usually can’t leave home without.
- Bag (Unbranded)
If I had to pick a go-to bag, this has to be it. I purchased this a few years ago on a street market in Vietnam. It was so cheap that I’m surprised it even lasts this long. I love how it is so light and the neutral colors make it so versatile that I could wear it with almost anything.
- Burberry specs
Without this or my contact lenses, I’m practically blind.
- Kate Spade pouch
This is where I stash all my smaller bits and pieces, random tickets, and polaroid pictures. Plus, the pop of pink really makes it so eye catching and I love how it’s big enough to carry it solo when I don’t feel like carrying a bag.
- Apple Earphones
The one and only kind that works for me since my ears are too small for most earphones to fit properly. One Amanda’s weird fact revealed.
- Lucas Papaw Ointment.
This papaya-based Australian salve goes onto my lips, elbows, cuticles and knuckles as a dry skin pick-me-up.
- 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST
I’m only comfortable using disposable contacts since it offers a fresh, new-lens feeling every day. Also being the clumsy rabbit that I am, I don’t have to worry about losing my lens (which did happen quite a few times).
- A flashdisk, just in case.
- Eyebrow pencil: Lovely ME:EX Design My Eyebrow by The Face Shop in Dark Brown
Recommended by a friend. They work. I like them.
- Make Up For Ever Dark Brown Eyeliner Pencil
I’m super fussy when it comes to eyeliner since I’m not really a pro at using it. Thus, it has to be easily applicable and this is definitely my favorite that I’ve tried so far.
- The Face Shop Lip Tint Stick: Vernis à lèvres en bâton in Sweet Cherry
As a fan of all things pink, it’s only natural that I’m always on the look for a classic pink lip shade. Unlike most lip tint, this one is really buttery and light and love how I can’t really go wrong with it.
- A multi-coloured gel pen and a Moleskin diary
Since my iPhone is usually occupied for taking photos, it can be helpful to have a good old-fashioned notebook to jot down blog ideas, inspiring quotes, doodles, or just general nonsense.
- Calvin Klein Perfume, Eternity
I’m all about the light, breezy, fresh smelling perfumes. My dad got me this travel size Calvin Klein Perfume Kit that comes with 5 scents, but Eternity is by far my favourite and it’s one of those things I would re-purchase if I must say.
- A butterfly hair clip for hair emergencies.
- Charles and Keith wallet
A birthday gift that I’ve had around for quite some time now and still absolutely love it just as much as then.
- And my iPhone, always.
Other things I would normally bring are wet wipes, a pack of gum, hand sanitizer, and a powerbank. What are your bag necessities that you can’t leave the house without?